Friday 6 November 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge: DAY SIX: Who Fascinates Me and Why

I don't know what happened to Day 5....it disappeared somewhere inside the chaos of my week. Day 6, according to the original list, tasks me with writing about someone who fascinates me and why.

This was much harder to contemplate than I'd anticipated, but it's Friday and so I'm cutting myself some slack:

I am a big fan of the TV show "Love It or List It" which airs on the "W" Network.

The hosts of the Toronto version of the show are called David and Hilary, a real estate agent and a designer, respectively. The two bicker and bitch and verbally stab each other throughout the show's one hour run. Sometimes hints of affection peek through too, although whether they're real or contrived is hard to tell.

Hilary's job is to redesign a couple's home in order to convince them to continue living in it. David Visentin, the real estate side of the bickering duo, is meanwhile scouring the city for the couple's dream home, in a bid to have them sell their home (post-renovation) and buy a newer, better, bigger one.

David Visentin from 'Love it or List it" Photo courtesy of the W Network



I am FASCINATED by David - I often find myself wondering if he's actually as impatient and eye-rolly as the show suggests or if it's all put on for TV.

Still, I love his eye-rolling wit and his dry, self-effacing humour.  I love the way he sighs at his partner's insults and never seems to get really, REALLY angry with her. I love the way he cut through dithering and bullshit and the way he sort of smirks at the camera whenever he's the last one to leave a bathroom.

And his suits...I love them, too.

One day, I shall FB/Twitter stalk him and ask all kinds of impertinent questions but for now, I just enjoy creating back stories for him while I sit in my pyjamas, casting judgement from my couch.




No comments:

Post a Comment