Thursday 19 November 2015

Writing Challenge: Favourite Colour and Five Fears

Another combination post. I think it's safe to say that this trend will continue...

My favourite colour?




Red.

Of course.


Five Fears.

Well, these are pleasant to contemplate (she says, oozing sarcasm)

1. Losing one of my children. Period, full-stop, this is, as I think it's every parent's, worst nightmare. I fear losing them in death, to a stranger, to the world. I once lost Matt in the mall for about 5 minutes and I discovered that icy, soul-destroying terror. I don't care for it. Don't care to ever experience it again and wonder how I shall ever let the children go, when it's time?

2. Dying and leaving the children behind. I've had a few friends who waged mighty battles against vicious diseases but lost. They both left behind two beautiful children and it closes my throat to think about their grief.

3. Heights. Although I DID go on the "Drop Zone" ride at the Waterfront Festival this summer, much to my children's shock and awe. It was awful and wonderful, in the same screech.

4. That I will never actually balls up and try to write for profit. I did, once upon a time, but lost my nerve, somewhere along the way. It's coming, but it's slow-going and I want to bang my own head against the wall and ask myself, "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???"

5. I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with....wait....somebody already said that one....




Nevertheless, I think it's one fear we all share, in one way or another.




No comments:

Post a Comment