Monday 23 November 2015

Writing Challenge: Days 20-23 Because I Cannot Keep Up

Let's face it, folks....keeping up is not my gig. Clearly. But rambling about a variety of unconnected stuff IS my gig, so I'm all about this post today....erm, days.....


Annnnyhooo....

20th Question: 3 Songs on Shuffle and what my initial thought is:

(Incidentally, I did not know, until this posting, that iTunes will shuffle the music I download and then play it. Huh. Neat.)

The first song: "Stutter" by Marianas Trench. This is one my FAVOURITE car songs. My sons and I belt this one as a trio and there is usually ceiling drumming and seat grooving. Yep. We're cool like that.

Second tune: "True Colours" (Compilation) Another great sing-a-long song. We do wicked harmony with this one, if I do say so myself. A Pretty song, twisted into something louder, bigger, and blingier. As an added bonus, my sons throw themselves into the rap bit, which is hilarious to watch in the rear-view mirror. yo.


Third song: "O" by Coldplay. This is a hidden track from their "Ghost Stories" album and it closes my throat because I miss my brother and the children we were and the Fireplace Inns at Whistler, which is in no way connected to my brother, but this song sounds like how I felt, watching my very first snowfall there, a million years ago. I miss the girl I was there, too.

Maybe I just miss myself.


21st: My zodiac sign and does it suit me?


Sagittarius: (pinched from www.astrology.com)

"Sagittarius in a Nutshell:

Sagittarius seem to be guided by luck, good things happen to Sagittarius and this is usually because of their optimistic outlook and positive disposition which attracts good fortune. Despite hardships, Sagittarius is always optimistic that good things will happen tomorrow and the future carries good luck. Sagittarius have a vibrant, expansive personality that is free like a bird, Sagittarius cannot be contained. They are full of curiosity and they always look forward to the future, never dwelling on the past. Sagittarius are detached from emotions because emotions hold a person back, they do not like to talk about their feelings, they simply experience them and move on. Sagittarius can be reckless and irresponsible because they will jump at a suggestion of something new before they weigh the advantages and disadvantages. "

Yes, this is me. I am this. EXCEPT for the detached emotions bit. I have lots of emotions. I swim in them most of the time and likely express far too many of them.

Also, I spend a LOT of time in the past, in my head. Some would say too much time reliving and regretting instead of forging on, being athletic and charming and doing archery-type things...

Good thing I'm lucky, eh?


Day 22: My morning routine:


GET OUT OF BED! BRUSH YOUR TEETH! NO, YOU CAN'T WEAR YESTERDAY'S UNDERPANTS! BRUSH THEM, DON'T JUST SWISH THE TOOTHPASTE AROUND WITH YOUR TONGUE! DON'T MAKE ME COME UP THERE, BECAUSE IT WON'T BE PLEASANT...LEAVE YOUR BROTHER'S EYEBALLS ALONE!

And coffee. Blessed coffee....

Day 23: A family member I dislike

Seriously? No. I'm not answering this one. I am a people-PLEASER, not a family-war-starter.

Sheesh.








No comments:

Post a Comment